Definition of Excretory organ
1. Noun. An organ that separates waste substances from the blood and discharges them.
Specialized synonyms: Flame Cell, Kidney
Generic synonyms: Internal Organ, Viscus
Group relationships: Apparatus Urogenitalis, Genitourinary Apparatus, Genitourinary System, Systema Urogenitale, Urinary Apparatus, Urinary System, Urogenital Apparatus, Urogenital System
Excretory Organ Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Excretory Organ Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Excretory Organ
Literary usage of Excretory organ
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. An Introduction to the Study of the Comparative Anatomy of Animals: A by Gilbert Charles Bourne, Arthur Bolles Lee (1902)
"rectum ; st, stomach ; ur, ureter or non- glandular part of the excretory organ ; F, ventricle of heart; J*T, opening of glandular part of excretory organ ..."
2. Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (1905)
"... appearing in 1846, the excretory organ is somewhat neglected, though his figures indicate its presence. Nordman in the same year described this organ in ..."
3. A Treatise on Comparative Embryology by Francis Maitland Balfour (1885)
"... possible by the fact that the anterior part of the mesonephros continued all the while to be unaffected and to remain as the main excretory organ during ..."
4. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1918)
"Among he Protozoa the excretory organ is a pulsatile ... (excretory organ) of a flatworm (from Hatschek).— A, part of the excretory apparatus of a tapeworm; ..."
5. Elements of Comparative Anatomy by Carl Gegenbaur (1878)
"If it be true that the excretory organ is derived from a looped canal, it is highly probable that the wall of this pericardial sinus is derived from a ..."
6. On Animal and Vegetable Parasites of the Human Body: A Manual of Their by Friedrich Küchenmeister (1857)
"excretory organ.—Under this denomination we combine, what particular authors have treated separately under the names of respiratory and circulatory systems ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Excretory organ