Definition of Expansion bolt
1. Noun. A bolt that has an attachment that expands as the bolt is driven into a surface.
Expansion Bolt Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Expansion Bolt Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Expansion Bolt
Literary usage of Expansion bolt
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. International Library of Technology: A Series of Textbooks for Persons by International Textbook Company (1909)
"The Brohard expansion bolt shown at (b), performs the same functions as the ... The principal feature of the Brohard expansion bolt is that the beveled nut ..."
2. Bridge Engineering by John Alexander Low Waddell (1916)
"Brohard expansion bolt.—A bolt with a screw attachment and a screwed collar over it. ... Any bolt similar to the "Brohard expansion bolt," qv Eye Bolt. ..."
3. The Iron Age Directory (1909)
"1^ag Serew and Wood Serew— Diamond expansion bolt Co.. 90 West St. New York. ... Ct. Diamond expansion bolt Co.. 90 West St.. New York. FH Erans. Brooklyn. ..."
4. The Architects' and Builders' Handbook: Data for Architects, Structural by Frank Eugene Kidder (1921)
"The illustration shows ik Evans expansion-bolt, which is also furnished with ... in i Portland-cement mortar, 843 per sq in when embedded « Expansion-bolt ..."
5. Notes on Practical Mechanical Drawing: Written for the Use of Students in by Victor Tyson Wilson, Carlos Lenox McMaster (1909)
"expansion bolt, one used to attach parts to stone, or concrete work; it has various forms, chiefly, tending to spread out at the end and fill a tapered hole ..."
6. Structural Design by Horace Richmond Thayer (1912)
"Swedged Bolt, expansion bolt. Foundation bolts are made in various styles, ... 46/, expansion bolt. Pins are large specially designed bolts with both ends ..."
7. New Ideas in Coal Mining: Shortcuts and Simple Devices for Getting Improved by Coal Age (1917)
"Making an expansion bolt Making an expansion bolt that is satisfactory, especially for light work, is an easy matter when done as illustrated. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Expansion bolt