Definition of Express mail
1. Noun. Mail that is distributed by a rapid and efficient system.
Specialized synonyms: Pony Express
Generic synonyms: Mail
Derivative terms: Express
Express Mail Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Express Mail Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Express Mail
Literary usage of Express mail
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Key to Uncle Tom's Cabin: Presenting the Original Facts and Documents Upon by Harriet Beecher Stowe (1853)
"When at the quarantine, Staten Island, the captain received a letter, sent by express mail, from a person in New Orleans, claiming her as his slave, ..."
2. United States Statutes at Large: Containing the Laws and Concurrent by United States (1860)
"express mail. commissions allowed to the postmaster amounted to one thousand dol lars or upwards in the year ending the thirtieth day of June, one thousand ..."
3. International Marketing Resource Guide by William A. Delphos, DIANE Publishing Company (1994)
"For all customers, prepaid items may be • deposited at any one of the 40000 express mail post offices; • deposited in one of the more than 26000 Express ..."
4. A Life Span and Reminiscences of Railway Mail Service by James E. White (1910)
"Mokena is also a station upon this line, but as it is neither a "night office," nor comes within the scope of an "express mail," it receives its eastern ..."
5. Direct Marketing Guide to Canada edited by William A. Delphos (1992)
"For all customers, prepaid items may be: • dropped at any one of the 40000 Express Mail post offices; • dropped in one of the more than 26000 express mail ..."