Definition of Exterior door
1. Noun. A doorway that allows entrance to or exit from a building.
Specialized synonyms: Back Door, Back Entrance, Backdoor, Dutch Door, Half Door, Front Door, Front Entrance, Side Door, Side Entrance
Group relationships: Building, Edifice
Terms within: Doorhandle, Doorknob, Doorlock, Flexible Joint, Hinge, Pane, Paneling, Panelling
Generic synonyms: Door, Doorway, Room Access, Threshold
Exterior Door Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Exterior Door Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Exterior Door
Literary usage of Exterior door
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Massachusetts Reports: Cases Argued and Determined in the Supreme Judicial by Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court (1910)
"... free from sap, shakes, large knots or any defects that would impair its durability," and " the exterior door frames on the first floor are to be of cast ..."
2. The Country House: A Practical Manual of the Planning and Construction of by Charles Edward Hooper (1905)
"Carving was only occasionally, and then sparingly, used on exterior door posts. The natural wood, which was generally oak, was counted upon for effect. ..."
3. Framing: A Practical Manual of Approved Up-to-date Methods of House Framing by William A. Radford (1917)
"Framing for exterior door. Fig. 37 shows the construction of an exterior door and frame in a frame house. The studs are doubled about the opening; ..."
4. Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standards and Procedural and edited by Barry Leonard (2000)
"The design and construction of exterior door units shall meet all requirements of AAMA 1702.2-1985, Swinging Exterior Passage Doors Voluntary Standard for ..."
5. Energy Efficiency Standards for Residential & Nonresidential Buildings by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"exterior door is an opaque door through an exterior partition. EXTERIOR FLOOR/SOFFIT is a horizontal exterior partition, or a horizontal demising partition, ..."
6. Farm Structures by Karl John Theodore Ekblaw (1914)
"exterior door framing. In Figure 43 is illustrated the common method of framing for an exterior door. The frames for all outside doors should be made of ..."
7. Energy Efficient Standards for Residential and Non-Residential Buildings (1993) (1993)
"... demising partition, that has a slope less than 60 degrees from horizontal, that has conditioned space below, and that not an exterior door or skylight. ..."