Definition of Factor out
1. Verb. Consider as relevant when making a decision. "You must factor in the recent developments"
2. Verb. Resolve into factors. "A quantum computer can factor the number 15"
Category relationships: Arithmetic
Generic synonyms: Calculate, Cipher, Compute, Cypher, Figure, Reckon, Work Out
Derivative terms: Factor, Factor, Factoring, Factorisation, Factorization
Factor Out Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Factor Out Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Factor Out
Literary usage of Factor out
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Scottish Jurist: Containing Reports of Cases Decided in the House of by House of Lords, Great Britain Parliament. House of Lords, Parliament, Great Britain (1845)
"But the statute enacts that the trustee is to par tlie interim factor out of tho first free funds which shall come into his hands. ..."
2. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Courts of Exchequer and by Great Britain Court of Exchequer, Roger Meeson, William Newland Welsby, John Innes Clark Hare, Great Britain Court of Exchequer Chamber, Horace Binney Wallace (1843)
"But he cannot be justly said to hold the factor out to the world as owner by such document, unless he has intrusted him with the document; and hence the ..."
3. A Treatise on the Law of Principal and Agent: Chiefly with Reference to by William Paley, John Horatio Lloyd, John A. Dunlap (1847)
"But he cannot be justly said to hold the factor out to the world as owner by such document, unless he has entrusted him with the document; and hence the ..."
4. The Dimensional Structure of Consciousness: A Physical Basis for Immaterialism by Samuel C. Avery (1995)
"If we factor out all the “y's,” we can live in the same world again. But it is not the sameness about your world and mine to which I object; later, ..."
5. History of the Brocklesby Hounds, 1700-1901 by George E. Collins (1902)
"Frolic was the dam of the winning dog hound in 1897, and Stately, by factor out of Scandal, became the dam of good fox-hounds. Remedy, Sunshine, Watchful ..."
6. A Text Book of Algebra by William Steadman Aldis (1887)
"... since each term in the determinant must only contain one factor out of each row, that is, only one factor with each suffix, and must also only contain ..."
7. Marking Matric: Colloquium Proceedingsby Vijay Reddy by Vijay Reddy (2006)
"To ascertain the ratio of the employed to the unemployed, we need to factor out all learners who were studying in 2002, whether in further learning or at ..."