Definition of Faith healing
1. Noun. Care provided through prayer and faith in God.
Generic synonyms: Aid, Attention, Care, Tending
Specialized synonyms: Laying On Of Hands
Medical Definition of Faith healing
1. A treatment utilised since antiquity based upon prayer and a profound belief in divine intervention in human affairs. (05 Mar 2000)
Faith Healing Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Faith Healing Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Faith Healing
Literary usage of Faith healing
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Dictionary of Religion and Ethics by Shailer Mathews, Gerald Birney Smith (1921)
"Throughout the maze of faith healing practices there runs a thread of natural ... At the ba.sis of most faith healing lies the principle of suggestion, ..."
2. Subject Index of the Modern Works Added to the Library of the British Museum ...by George Knottesford Fortescue by George Knottesford Fortescue (1902)
"83. т (JM) Faith-Healing and kindred nena. pp. 291. l.oml. 1892. 8". ... 0 (A.) Faith-Healing and Christian î. pp.214. Land. 1899. 8°. 7306. df. 29. ..."
3. Literature of Theology: A Classified Bibliography of Theological and General by John Fletcher Hurst (1896)
"Faith-Healing. AMBROSE, RG, REV. Prayer Healing: Thoughts on St. James v, 14-16. ... BUCKLEY, JAMES M., REV., DD Faith-Healing, Christian Science, ..."
4. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: “a” Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature edited by Hugh Chisholm (1910)
"In the Christian Church the tradition of faith healing dates from the earliest days of Christianity; upon the miracles of the New Testament follow cases of ..."
5. The Practitioner by Gale Group, ProQuest Information and Learning Company (1906)
"AND after all, though so many faith-healers faith healing, ... The mechanism of faith- healing is the same wherever it works—whether at Epidaurus, ..."