Definition of Family Araliaceae
1. Noun. Mostly tropical trees and shrubs and lianas: genera Panax and Hedera.
Generic synonyms: Rosid Dicot Family
Member holonyms: Genus Aralia, Genus Hedera, Hedera, Genus Meryta, Meryta, Genus Panax, Panax, Genus Schefflera, Schefflera
Group relationships: Order Umbellales, Umbellales
Family Araliaceae Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Family Araliaceae Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Family Araliaceae
Literary usage of Family Araliaceae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Wild Flowers Worth Knowing by Neltje Blanchan, Asa Don Dickinson (1917)
"... the flower can afford to be generous, it distinctly changes its habit and keeps open house all day. GINSENG FAMILY (Araliaceae) Spikenard; Indian Root; ..."
2. Bulletin by United States Bureau of Plant Industry (1905)
"Ginseng family (Araliaceae). Dwarf elder; wild elder; bristly sarsaparilla. ... Aralia nudicaulis L. Ginseng family (Araliaceae). to Manitoba and south to ..."
3. Field Book of American Trees and Shrubs: A Concise Description of the by Ferdinand Schuyler Mathews (1915)
"GINSENG FAMILY. Araliaceae. A small family of herbs and a few shrubs or trees with mostly alternate-growing leaves and perfect, ..."
4. Nature and Development of Plants by Carlton Clarence Curtis (1918)
"The order contains two rather small families, the Ginseng family (Araliaceae) represented by the sarsaparilla or spikenard (Aralia), the ginseng (Panax) and ..."