Definition of Family enterobacteriaceae
1. Noun. A large family of Gram-negative rod-shaped bacteria of the order Eubacteriales.
Generic synonyms: Bacteria Family
Member holonyms: Aerobacter, Genus Aerobacter, Enteric Bacteria, Enterics, Enterobacteria, Entric, Genus Escherichia, Genus Klebsiella, Genus Salmonella, Genus Serratia, Serratia, Genus Shigella, Genus Erwinia
Group relationships: Eubacteriales, Order Eubacteriales
Family Enterobacteriaceae Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Family Enterobacteriaceae Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Family Enterobacteriaceae
Literary usage of Family enterobacteriaceae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Manual of Microbiologic Monitoring of Laboratory Animals edited by Kim Waggie (1994)
"... Order: not known; Family: Enterobacteriaceae; Genus: Citrobacter). Disease induced: Transmissible murine colonie hyperplasia. a. Morphology: b. ..."
2. Niosh Manual of Analytical Methods: Sampling and Analytical Methods for edited by Peter M. Eller (1994)
"(I) Biochemical Analyses Several commercial multitest systems have been developed for identification of members of the family Enterobacteriaceae and other ..."
3. Diarrhea and Malnutrition: Interactions, Mechanisms, and Interventions by Lincoln C. Chen, Nevin S. Scrimshaw (1983)
"... ill in three days.32 Yersinia enterocolitica has only recently been classified in the family Enterobacteriaceae, along with Y. pseudotuberculosis, ..."
4. Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science by Kansas Academy of Science (1868)
"... but these same isolates when grown and submitted to the same tests at 35°C showed reactions characteristic of species in the family Enterobacteriaceae. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Family enterobacteriaceae