Definition of Family gelechiidae
1. Noun. Important economic pests.
Generic synonyms: Arthropod Family
Group relationships: Lepidoptera, Order Lepidoptera
Member holonyms: Gelechiid, Gelechiid Moth, Gelechia, Genus Gelechia, Genus Sitotroga, Sitotroga, Genus Phthorimaea, Phthorimaea, Gelechia Gossypiella, Pink Bollworm
Family Gelechiidae Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Family Gelechiidae Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Family Gelechiidae
Literary usage of Family gelechiidae
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Moth Book: A Popular Guide to a Knowledge of the Moths of North America by William Jacob Holland (1903)
"A Revision of the American Moths of the family gelechiidae with Descriptions of New Species. (Proc. US Nat. Mus., Vol. XXV, pp. 767-938. ..."
2. Applied Entomology; an Introductory Text-book of Insects in Their Relations by Henry Torsey Fernald (1921)
"family gelechiidae.—Some of the small insects which compose this group are leaf-miners; others feed on buds and others skeletonize leaves or attack plants ..."
3. The Encyclopedia of Practical Horticulture: A Reference System of Commercial by Granville Lowther, William Worthington (1914)
"—Photo by Bremmer Potato Tuber Moth Phthorimaea operculella Zeller (Family Gelechiidae) General Appearance The larvae vary from white to slightly pink—the ..."
4. A Sketch of the Natural History of the District of Columbia Together with an by Waldo Lee McAtee (1918)
"A revision of the American moths of the family Gelechiidae, with descriptions of new species. Proc. US Nat. Mus. 25, pp. 767-938, Pis. 28-, May 9, 1903. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Family gelechiidae