Definition of Family relationship
1. Noun. (anthropology) relatedness or connection by blood or marriage or adoption.
Generic synonyms: Relation
Category relationships: Anthropology
Specialized synonyms: Affinity, Phylogenetic Relation, Descent, Filiation, Line Of Descent, Lineage, Affinity, Blood Kinship, Cognation, Consanguinity, Birth, Parentage, Fatherhood, Paternity, Maternity, Motherhood, Sisterhood, Sistership, Brotherhood, Marital Bed, Marital Relationship
Derivative terms: Kin, Kin, Relation, Relation
Family Relationship Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Family Relationship Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Family Relationship
Literary usage of Family relationship
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A History of French Private Law by Jean Brissaud (1912)
"The Prohibition of Incest. Marriage by Groups. Polyandry. Among the Reddies. Organization of the Maternal Family. Relationship through the Same Mother ..."
2. The Law of Quasi Contracts by Frederic Campbell Woodward (1913)
"Same: Effect of family relationship upon burden of proof. — The presumption of an expectation of payment does not arise when services are rendered by one ..."
3. An Introduction to Municipal Law: Designed for General Readers and for by John Norton Pomeroy (1886)
"Agnation, or family relationship. (Agua- tio, agnati.) The persons thus under the power of a living paterfamilias, including wife and descendants, ..."
4. The Growth of British Policy: An Historical Essay by John Robert Seeley (1895)
"... enemies of England, whereas the relations of England and France had been on the whole friendly, and Louis and Charles had a close family relationship. ..."
5. The Master-rogue: The Confessions of a Croesus by David Graham Phillips (1903)
"... with great wealth, the old simple family relationship was broken up. That was to be expected—the duties of people in our position do not permit ..."