Definition of Feathertop
1. Noun. Northeastern tropical African plant having feathery panicles.
Generic synonyms: Grass
Group relationships: Genus Pennisetum, Pennisetum
2. Noun. A variety of reed grass.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Feathertop Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Feathertop
Literary usage of Feathertop
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Dramatization: Selections from English Classics Adapted in Dramatic Form by Sarah Emma Simons, Clem Irwin Orr (1913)
"The adventures of feathertop while out in the world, are omitted because of the ... Scene I THE MAKING OF feathertop Characters: Mother Rigby, a Witch. ..."
2. American Prose (1607-1865) edited by Walter Cochrane Bronson (1898)
"[From Mosses from an Old Manse, "The Procession of Life," 1846. The text is that of the revised edition of 1854.] feathertop " Dickon," cried Mother Rigby, ..."
3. Cassell's Picturesque Australasia by Edward Ellis Morris (1890)
"... feathertop and Hotham— •'Sailor Bill's"—Omeo—The Sisters and Mount Tambo—Mount Kosciusko—Limestone Creek—The Snowy River—The Tambo—The Dargo. ..."
4. Cassell's Picturesque Australasia by Edward Ellis Morris (1888)
"... feathertop and Hotham— " Sailor Bill's "—Omeo—The Sisters and Mount Tambo—Mount Kosciusko—Limestone Creek—The Snowy River—The Tambo—The Dargo. ..."