Definition of Fillers
1. Noun. (plural of filler) ¹
2. Noun. (plural of fillér) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Fillers
1. filler [n] - See also: filler
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Fillers Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fillers
Literary usage of Fillers
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Foods and Their Adulteration: Origin, Manufacture, and Composition of Food by Harvey Washington Wiley (1917)
"Pie fillers.—Nearly allied to mince meat in its character is a large class ... As tree pie fillers are as varied in character as the different kinds of pies ..."
2. Asphalts and Allied Substances: Their Occurrence, Modes of Production, Uses by Herbert Abraham (1920)
"Apparatus for Incorporating fillers. As fillers are added after the bituminous mixture has been dehydrated and fluxed to the proper consistency, ..."
3. The Theory of Structures by Charles Milton Spofford (1915)
"It is necessary either to use fillers under plate girder stiffeners, ... One objection to the use of fillers is that unless the filler is riveted to the web ..."
4. Essentials of Woodworking: A Textbook for Schools by Ira Samuel Griffith (1908)
"fillers are of two kinds, paste and liquid. They are used to fill up the wood ... Paste fillers are for use upon v coarse grained woods such as oak and ..."
5. Seeding and Planting: A Manual for the Guidance of Forestry Students by James William Toumey (1916)
"THE USE OF fillers The only reason for the use of fillers in planting operations ... Even when the expense is somewhat reduced the use of fillers is seldom ..."
6. The Commercial Apple Industry of North America by John Clifford Folger, Samuel Mable Thomson (1921)
"If the orchard is favorably situated for the production of peaches, the grower will find that this fruit lends itself well to a system of fillers. ..."
7. Analysis of Paint and Varnish Products by Clifford Dyer Holley (1912)
"Under the heading of fillers are included paste and liquid wood fillers, ... The composition and properties of these various fillers will be considered ..."