Definition of Final period
1. Noun. The final division into which the play of a game is divided.
Final Period Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Final Period Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Final Period
Literary usage of Final period
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Poems of Philip Freneau: Poet of the American Revolution by Philip Morin Freneau, Fred Lewis Pattee (1907)
"... THE final period OF WANDERING 1798-18091 ON ARRIVING IN SOUTH CAROLINA, 17982 A happy gale presents, once more, The gay and ever verdant shore, ..."
2. Books and Characters: French & English by Lytton Strachey (1922)
"... SHAKESPEARE'S final period THE whole of the modern criticism of Shakespeare has been fundamentally affected by one important fact. ..."
3. The Parliamentary Debatesby Thomas Curson Hansard, Great Britain Parliament by Thomas Curson Hansard, Great Britain Parliament (1820)
"... now again another final period was fixed Their lordships had first been desired <- adjourn the proceeding they had voted, to give opportunity for a ..."
4. Journal of the American Chemical Society by American Chemical Society (1912)
"At the opening of the final period, during which the water ingestion was ... The average daily output for this final period of five days was 0.0122 gram. ..."
5. The Harleian Miscellany; Or, A Collection of Scarce, Curious, and by William Oldys, John Malham, Lessing J. Rosenwald Collection (Library of Congress), Joseph Meredith Toner Collection (Library of Congress) (1810)
"... so very near to a final period; it was industriously and carefully given out, that religion was not in the least concerned in the quarrel. ..."
6. Memoirs of John Selden and Notices of the Political Contest During His Time by George William Johnson (1835)
"Though so much time was occupied in the concoction of his trial, yet when the final period arrived, there was as little lenity shown in allowing time for ..."
7. The Native Races of the Pacific States of North America by Hubert Howe Bancroft (1876)
"... —final period OF CIVIL WARS. Respecting the original name of Yucatan, Bishop Landa tells us that it was called ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Final period