Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Finmark Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Finmark
finmark (current term)
Literary usage of Finmark
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. International Catalogue of Scientific Literature by Royal Society (Great Britain) (1906)
"East finmark. Norman, Л. MIe (88-89, pi. VIII, figs. 5-7). ... sjx'cies found in East finmark. Norman, А. Ы. Ie (110). ..."
2. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General by Thomas Spencer Baynes (1888)
"The interior of southern Norway and that of finmark have the longest winter (200 days with ... In January ths interior of finmark has a temperature of 2°-5, ..."
3. List of the Specimens of Dipterous Insects in the Collection of the British by Francis Walker (1848)
"Length of the body 2J lines ; of the wings 4 lines. a. Alten, finmark. From Mr. Walker's collection. b. Isle of Soroe, finmark. From Mr. Walker's collection ..."
4. A Voyage from Leith to Lapland: Or, Pictures of Scandinavia in 1850 by William Hurton (1852)
"At midnight the skipper prudently came to an anchorage off Logo, an island on the coast of finmark. Desolate, wild, savage, and frowning rocks packed with ..."
5. Cyclopaedia of Political Science, Political Economy, and of the Political by John Joseph Lalor (1883)
"... fishery in finmark 10.8 1. The winter cod fishery 49.3 3. The fat herring fishery - IB. .... finmark ..."