Definition of First trimester
1. Noun. Time period extending from the first day of the last menstrual period through 12 weeks of gestation.
First Trimester Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: First Trimester Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of First Trimester
Literary usage of First trimester
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Health Status of Minorities & Low Income Groups by DIANE Publishing Company, Dept. of Health and Human Services, United States (1991)
"Failure to receive prenatal care during the first trimester can cause missed opportunities to prevent irreversible damage and lifelong handicaps to the ..."
2. Operative Gynecologic Laparoscopy: Principles and Techniques by Camran Nezhat (2000)
"The authors collected eight reports of 38 laparoscopic cyst aspirations and detorsion done in the first trimester and nine other reviews of 75 laparoscopic ..."
3. Gulf War And Health by Institute of Medicine (2005)
"It controlled for relevant risk factors and assessed first-trimester ... The ORs between LBW and first-trimester exposure to the three pollutants were ..."
4. The Oxford Medicine by Henry Asbury Christian, James Mackenzie (1920)
"We have actually more normal babies in the first trimester than in the last trimester, a result which is incompatible with ..."
5. Infant Mortality: A Social Problem by George Newman (1907)
"The average is 51-4 in the first trimester of life, 19-9 in the second, and 287 in the third. Subsequently we shall see that the causes of death in the ..."
Other Resources Relating to: First trimester