Definition of Fitchee
1. fitchy [adj] - See also: fitchy
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Fitchee Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fitchee
Literary usage of Fitchee
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. An Ordinary of Arms Contained in the Public Register of All Arms and by James Balfour Paul (1893)
"REND Az. a bend between six cross cross- lets fitchee or (2nd and 3rd quarters), in the fess point a crescent chequy, all within a bordure compony gu. and ..."
2. The British Herald Or, Cabinet of Armorial Bearings of the Nobility & Gentry ...by Thomas Robson by Thomas Robson (1830)
"Cross crosslet fitchee, when the under limb of the cross ii sharp. ... Cross crosslet fitchee at the foot, when the end of the cross is brought to a point ..."
3. Archaeologia Cantiana by Kent Archaeological Society (1898)
"Arms.—HUGESSEN; impaling, Or, a cross forme'e fitchee sable, on a chief (azure, three bucks' ... issuant from between the horns, a cross patee fitchee ; 10, ..."
4. Scottish Armorial Seals by William Rae Macdonald (1904)
"On a pale a cross crosslet fitchee. Crest: On a helmet with capeline and coronet, a griffin head. Foliage at each side of helmet. Legend (Goth. ..."
5. The Visitation of the County of Worcester Made in the Year 1569: With Other by William Phillimore Watts Phillimore, Richard Mundy (1888)
"Quarterly: 1 and 4, Azure, a cross formee fitchee within an orle ... Gules, three crosses formed fitchee or. Will'm Caldwell was seased of certaine lands in ..."