Definition of Food waste
1. Noun. Food that is discarded (as from a kitchen).
Generic synonyms: Waste, Waste Material, Waste Matter, Waste Product
Food Waste Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Food Waste Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Food Waste
Literary usage of Food waste
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Treatise on Physiology and Hygiene: For Educational Institutions and by Joseph Chrisman Hutchison (1902)
"... CHAPTER V FOOD AND DRINK Necessity for Food — Waste and Repair — Hunger and Thirst — Amount of Food —Renovation of the Body —Mixed Diet — Milk ..."
2. The Journal of Home Economics by American Home Economics Association (1915)
"The work of controlling food waste may be delegated to subordinates, ... There are various methods of controlling food waste given in these answers. ..."
3. Practical dietetics: With Special Reference to Diet in Diseases by William Gilman Thompson (1905)
"... OF food waste The data given below, which are derived from Bauer, exhibit the balance of income of food and output of waste of the body under different ..."
4. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1919)
"Numerous American cities separate household waste into three parts, namely, "food waste," "combustible waste" and "non-combustible waste. ..."
5. The Foundations of National Prosperity: Studies in the Conservation of by Richard Theodore Ely, Charles Kenneth Leith, Ralph Henry Hess, Thomas Nixon Carver (1917)
"The experts of the Department of Agriculture report to me that the dietary studies made by them point to an annual food waste of about $700000,0x30. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Food waste