Definition of Footstock
1. [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Footstock Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Footstock
Literary usage of Footstock
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Text-book of Advanced Machine Work: Prepared for Students in Technical by Robert Henry Smith (1919)
"To calculate distance to set over footstock. — Multiply one-half taper per foot (in inches) by whole length of work or mandrel (in feet). Example. ..."
2. International Library of Technology: A Series of Textbooks for Persons by International Textbook Company (1903)
"18 shows the construction of the footstock of the grinding machine made by the Landis Tool Company. A lever a is pivoted to the frame of the ..."
3. Shop and Foundry Practice: Prepared for Students of the International by International Correspondence Schools (1901)
"18 shows the construction of the footstock of the grinding machine made by the ... A lever a is pivoted to the frame of the footstock; it carries a pin b at ..."
4. Elementary Machine Shop Practice by James Alfred Pratt (1921)
"Direct index plate; for indexing small number of divisions. 9. Index plate locking pin. 10. Swivel graduations. 11. Swivel clamp bolt. 13. footstock center. ..."
5. Machinery (1900)
"My first operation was to take out the spindle in the footstock, ... Then I turned the bushing to fit the footstock in the place of the spindle, ..."
6. Henley's Encyclopædia of Practical Engineering and Allied Trades: A by Joseph Gregory Horner (1907)
"A style of plain centres by the same firm, used where it is not necessary to cut bevel or The Tailstock or footstock.—This is used for work which has to be ..."
7. American Machinists' Handbook and Dictionary of Shop Terms: A Reference Book by Fred Herbert Colvin, Frank Arthur Stanley (1914)
"footstock. Universal back rest. 29. Tension adjusting knob. Automatic cross-feed pawl. 30. Quick-adjusting lever. Starting and stopping lever. 31. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Footstock