Definition of Force-feed lubricating system
1. Noun. Mechanical system of lubricating internal combustion engines in which a pump forces oil into the engine bearings.
Group relationships: Ice, Internal-combustion Engine
Generic synonyms: Mechanical System
Terms within: Oil Filter, Oil Pump
Force-feed Lubricating System Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Force-feed Lubricating System Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Force-feed Lubricating System
Literary usage of Force-feed lubricating system
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Gas, Gasoline and Oil Engines by Archie Frederick Collins (1919)
"The Force Feed Lubricating System .... 80 46. A Eing Air Cooled Cylinder 81 47. A Muffler for a Motorcycle 82 48. The Air Pressure Fuel Feed System . ..."
2. The Modern Gasoline Automobile: Its Design, Construction, Operation and by Victor Wilfred Pagé (1917)
"This applies to all modifications of splash lubricating systems. When a force feed lubricating system is used the oil, escaping past the cheeks of- both ..."
3. Gas, Gasoline and Oil Engines by John B. Rathburn (1918)
"(117) Force Feed Lubricating System. The force feed system is by far the most reliable of all oiling systems, as it feeds uniformly and continuously at ..."
4. The Modern Gasoline Automobile: Its Design, Construction, Operation and by Victor Wilfred Pagé (1917)
"This applies to all modifications of splash lubricating systems. When a force feed lubricating system is used the oil, escaping past the cheeks of ..."
5. Motor Truck Design and Construction by Clemens Thomas Schaefer (1919)
"Full Force Feed Lubricating System. turbing other parts. The pressure relief valve permits a certain oil pressure on the bearings. ..."
6. Aviation Engines: Design--construction--operation and Repair; a Complete by Victor Wilfred Pagé (1917)
"When a force-feed lubricating system is used, the oil, escaping past the cheeks of both ends of the crank-pin bearings, is thrown off at a tangent to the ..."
7. Motor Truck and Automobile Motors and Mechanism: A Practical Illustrated by Thomas Herbert Russell, John B. Rathbun (1918)
"FORCE FEED LUBRICATING SYSTEM, SHOWING PUMP AND FEED TUBES. The splash feed system, as its name would suggest, supplies oil to the bearings within the crank ..."
8. The Technical World Magazine (1909)
"Accessible, easy to start, economical. Our patent Force- feed Lubricating System effectively lubricates every working part—is indispensable to a ..."