Definition of Foreign agent
1. Noun. A spy for a foreign country.
Foreign Agent Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Foreign Agent Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Foreign Agent
Literary usage of Foreign agent
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Jeffersonian Cyclopedia: A Comprehensive Collection of the Views of by Thomas Jefferson (1900)
"... and whatever he communicates as such, they have a right and are bound to consider as the expression of the nation, and no foreign agent can be allowed ..."
2. Evangelical Christendom: Christian Work and the News of the Churches by Evangelical Alliance (1881)
"... foreign agent, gave an account of the work done in the district under his charge. This includes Austria, Bohemia, Galicia, Poland, Hungary, Servia, ..."
3. Foreign Trade and Shipping by Erich Walter Zimmermann, W. C. Clark (1917)
"The functions and duties of the local commission agent abroad differ from those of the foreign agent as they are frequently understood. ..."
4. Course in Foreign Trade by Business Training Corporation, New York, Business Training Corporation (1916)
"The duty of a foreign "agent" to his "principal" consorts with his own ... In fact the foreign agent of an export house differs but slightly from any other ..."