Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Foxskin Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Foxskin
foxskin (current term)
Literary usage of Foxskin
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Oriental and Western Siberia: A Narrative of Seven Years' Exploration and by Thomas Witlam Atkinson (1858)
"... on his head was a red cloth conical cap, trimmed with foxskin, with an owl's feather hanging from the top, showing his descent from Genghis Khan. ..."
2. The War of the Civilisations: Being the Record of a "foreign Devil's by George Lynch (1901)
"We were expecting the winter shortly, and tailoring was rather at a premium. " How much shall I say for this beautiful foxskin coat ? " asked Richard. ..."
3. The Works of A. Conan Doyle by Arthur Conan Doyle (1902)
"... my foxskin muff, and several other necessaries. But I hinder you in your reading." " Why, wherever did you get these ? " I asked in astonishment, ..."
4. Dictionary of National Biography by LESLIE. STEPHEN, Sidney Lee (1886)
"... a foxskin cap, i greatcoat, and an ' enormous highland broadsword.' He entertained them hospitably with boiled beef and vegetables and barley broth, ..."
5. A History of Greece to the Death of Alexander the Great by John Bagnell Bury (1913)
"... with dagger and lasso; Thracians with foxskin caps ; Colchians with cowskin shields. The fleet was furnished by the Phoenicians, Egyptians, ..."
6. Primitive Society by Robert Harry Lowie (1920)
"There was little in the way of distinctive badges for the rank and file except for a foxskin cape worn by the members. Some of the officers, however, ..."