Definition of Freebase
1. Noun. (chemistry) The purified, dry form of an amine, especially an alkaloid natural product, that is normally used in solution. ¹
2. Noun. This form of cocaine. ¹
3. Verb. To purify such a drug by crystallization ¹
4. Verb. To use such a drug by inhalation of the fumes given off when it is burnt ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Freebase
1. to use a form of cocaine that is inhaled [v -BASED, -BASING, -BASES]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Freebase Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Freebase
Literary usage of Freebase
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Cocaine Use in America: Epidemmiologic and Clinical Perspectives edited by Nicholas J. Kozel, Edgar H. Adams (1996)
"While 175 users reported past or present experimental use, most users mixed in cocaine freebase with other methods of cocaine administration. ..."
2. Treatment for Stimulant Use Disorders edited by Richard A. Rawson, Rose M. Urban (2000)
"So it was quite by accident that this new process of "freebase" cocaine was discovered. ... freebase cocaine does not dissolve easily in the blood or mucous ..."
3. Cocaine & Federal Sentencing Policy by Richard P. Conaboy (1997)
"Powder cocaine can be converted into two forms of cocaine base, freebase ... freebase Cocaine freebase cocaine is derived from powder cocaine that has been ..."
4. Technologies for Understanding and Preventing Substance Abuse and Addiction by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"HIV infection, and other illnesses. e freebase cocaine ... The effect of smoking freebase is similar to that of intravenous injection but smoking provides a ..."
5. Cocaine: Pharmacology, Effects, and Treatment of Abuse edited by John Grabowski (1994)
"At the other end of the cocaine abuse spectrum lies very heavy intravenous (Gawin and Kleber 1983a) or freebase cocaine abuse (Siegel 1982), ..."
6. Prevention Primer: An Encyclopedia of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
""freebase" is a form of cocaine that is smoked. freebase is produced by a chemical process whereby street cocaine (cocaine hydrochloride) is converted to a ..."
7. Measuring The Health Behavior Of Adolescents: Youth Risk Behavior Surveill by DIANE Publishing Company (2004)
"During your life, how many times have you used any form of cocaine including powder, crack, or freebase? a. 0 times b. 1 or 2 times c. 3 to 9 times d. ..."