Definition of Friendly relationship
1. Noun. The state of being friends (or friendly).
Generic synonyms: Relationship
Specialized synonyms: Blood Brotherhood, Companionship, Company, Fellowship, Society, Confidence, Trust
Derivative terms: Friend, Friend
Friendly Relationship Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Friendly Relationship Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Friendly Relationship
Literary usage of Friendly relationship
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Wessex by Clive Holland (1906)
"... for Spain and England were at that time by no means in friendly relationship, and it was against the advice of their captains and generals that the ..."
2. Principles of Sociology with Educational Applications by Frederick Redman Clow (1920)
"The terms "Brother" and "Son" as titles of address are relics of the time when friendly relationship of any kind was supposed to be based on blood ..."
3. Bhagavad-Gita as It is by A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada (1989)
"PURPORT Although Krsna is manifested before Arjuna in His universal form, Arjuna remembers his friendly relationship with Krsna and is therefore asking ..."
4. Transactions of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers by American Institute of Electrical Engineers (1912)
"When the personal employer was superseded by the corporation with its officers there was a great loss in the personal and friendly relationship with the ..."
5. Industrial Arbitration and Conciliation: Some Chapters from the Industrial by Josephine Shaw Lowell (1893)
"This friendly relationship has stood the test alike of prosperity and of adversity, for, during the twenty years' existence of the Board, ..."
6. The American Historical Register by Charles Henry Browning (1895)
"... priceless in value to general history," and clause 8 : " It brings together in friendly relationship the men of the North, the South, the East and the ..."
7. Bulletin of Pharmacy (1889)
"It is, I believe necessary that a friendly relationship and a feeling of common ... It is also necessary that such friendly relationship shall prevail ..."