¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Frostnip
1. the freezing of outer skin layers [n -S]
Medical Definition of Frostnip
1. A cold injury that is accompanied by pallor to the affected area. (27 Sep 1997)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Frostnip Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Frostnip
Literary usage of Frostnip
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. First Aid Book (1993)
"Frostbite goes through the following stages: frostnip • The affected area ... The skin becomes red, then white during frostnip. Treatment for frostnip is as ..."
2. Public Health, Occupational Safety and Environmental Concerns in Municipal ...by DIANE Publishing Company by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"Cold weather injuries include the following: frostnip and Frostbite: frostnip is characterized by sudden blanching or whitening of the skin. ..."
3. The Holy State and the Profane State by Thomas Fuller (1840)
"To blame they, who thinking it will be continual summer with them, as in the country under the equator, will not so much as frostnip their souls ..."
4. The London Medical Gazette (1846)
"In time, the toes became separated at the joints, as happens in frostnip. The tumour by degrees lost pulsation, and finally it shrunk up into a little lump ..."