Definition of Fruitings
1. fruiting [n] - See also: fruiting
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Fruitings Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fruitings
Literary usage of Fruitings
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Managing Forest Ecosystems to Conserve Fungus Diversity and Sustain Wild edited by David Pilz, Randy Molina (1998)
"Massive, episodic fruitings of certain morel species often occur in ... These large fruitings subside dramatically over the next several years after the ..."
2. Annual Report by Ohio State Board of Agriculture (1856)
"Mr. Sayres said with regard to early fruitings that he was inclined to think they bear too early ; and thus overbear themselves and weaken the tree. ..."
3. The Philippine Islands, 1493-1803: Explorations by Early Navigators by Emma Helen Blair, James Alexander Robertson, Edward Gaylord Bourne (1906)
"Consequently, in order to designate the date of payment, they said "in so many moons, in so many harvests, or in so many fruitings of such and such a tree. ..."
4. New Studies in Literature by Edward Dowden (1895)
"So mine are these new fruitings rich The simple to the common brings ; I keep the youth of souls who pitch Their joy in this old heart of things. ..."