2. Noun. (context: pejorative slang) a religious fundamentalist of any faith. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Fundie
1. a radical within the German Green Party [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Fundie Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Fundie
Literary usage of Fundie
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Text-book of Human Physiology by Robert Tigerstedt (1906)
"Boiled white of egg digested at 35°—40° C. in acidulated water, to which a small piece of the fundie mucosa has been added, dissolves in one to one and ..."
2. A Dictionary of the Old English Language: Compiled from Writings of the XII by Francis Henry Stratmann (1873)
"... fundie on -porde hom. 2, 117. fund ¡en, A.Sax. fundían, OLGerm, fundón, OHGerm. tunden, ... 52; Town, myst.216; fundie (près.) mise. ..."
3. The Baxter Manuscripts by James Phinney Baxter (1907)
"... parts on the North side of the Bay of fundie, in those Countries it is not improbable, but that they will yet continue their pretentions unto the whole. ..."
4. The Bibliographer's Manual of English Literature: Containing an Account of by William Thomas Lowndes (1859)
"... called De pro- fundie. Lond. by Rob. Caley, 1550, 4to. The Displaying of the Protestantes and vols. 5s. With portrait and plates. LARGE PAPER. 7s. 6d. ..."