Definition of Funiculitis
1. Noun. Inflammation of a funiculus (especially an inflammation of the spermatic cord).
Medical Definition of Funiculitis
1. 1. Inflammation of a funiculus, especially of the spermatic cord. 3. Inflammation of the umbilical cord usually associated with chorioamnionitis. Origin: funiculus + G. -itis, inflammation (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Funiculitis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Funiculitis
Literary usage of Funiculitis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Text-book of genito-urinary diseases by Leopold Casper (1906)
"... OR funiculitis. Inflammation of the vas deferens seldom occurs as an isolated lesion, but is generally associated with ..."
2. White and Martin's Genito-urinary surgery and venereal diseases by James William White (1918)
"ACUTE funiculitis may arise from extension of a posterior urethritis along the vas (Fig. ... Phlegmonous funiculitis is usually traumatic in origin. ..."
3. The Irrigation treatment of gonorrhœa: Its Local Complications and Sequelæ by Ferdinand Charles Valentine (1900)
"It may appear in the form of serous funiculitis (acute diffuse hydrocele of the cord) or of phlegmonous funiculitis. The former shows itself as a roundish, ..."
4. Syphilology and venereal disease by Charles Frederic Marshall (1912)
"The pain is sometimes intense, and accompanied by nausea and vomiting. Sometimes funiculitis is complicated by local peritonitis, or by abscess or hydrocele ..."