Definition of Gaius plinius caecilius secundus
1. Noun. Roman writer and nephew of Pliny the Elder; author of books of letters that commented on affairs of the day (62-113).
Gaius Plinius Caecilius Secundus Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Gaius Plinius Caecilius Secundus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Gaius Plinius Caecilius Secundus
Literary usage of Gaius plinius caecilius secundus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1919)
"gaius plinius caecilius secundus. 62 — c. 113 AD Of his published speeches only the panegyric of Trajan has reached us. but his nine books of letters in ..."
2. ...A History of Roman Literature by Harold North Fowler (1903)
"gaius plinius caecilius secundus was the son of Lucius Caecilius Gilo, a wealthy nobleman of Comum, but was adopted by will by his uncle, the elder Pliny. ..."
3. The Harvard Classics by Charles William Eliot (1909)
"INTRODUCTORY NOTE gaius plinius caecilius secundus, usually known as Pliny the Younger, was born at Como in 62 AD He was only eight years old when his ..."
4. The World Book: Organized Knowledge in Story and Picture edited by Michael Vincent O'Shea, Ellsworth D. Foster, George Herbert Locke (1918)
"... on ancient life and ideas which is not elsewhere available. Pliny the Younger (62- ? ), whose name in full was gaius plinius caecilius secundus, ..."
5. Source Book of the History of Education for the Greek and Roman Period by Paul Monroe (1915)
"gaius plinius caecilius secundus was born 62 AD, and died about 114. His life was spent in the service of the state, where he held many important offices, ..."
6. The Bookman (1910)
"Not only in this matter but in the forms of their own names. Thus Gaius Plinius Caecilius Secundus—a gentleman who prided himself upon good form—had ..."
7. Phases of Early Christianity, Six Lectures by Joseph Estlin Carpenter (1916)
"Phases of Early Christianity LECTURE I CHRISTIANITY AS PERSONAL SALVATION IN September, AD, gaius plinius caecilius secundus ..."