Definition of Gas fitter
1. Noun. A workman who installs and repairs gas fixtures and appliances.
Gas Fitter Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Gas Fitter Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Gas Fitter
Literary usage of Gas fitter
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1905)
"Including the preparation and fixing of gas fitting«, and made a subcontract with a gas fitter to execute the lutter work and an explosion occurred through ..."
2. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Court of Common Pleas for the by Charles Patrick Daly (1876)
"To hold that the gas fitter here did not exercise ordinary care and prudence, ... But it is not necessary to determine that question, for the gas fitter was ..."
3. A guide to the study of occupations: a selected critical bibliography of the by Frederick James Allen (1921)
"gas fitter GORDON. A Handbook of Employments, 298-302. KOBER and HANSON. Diseases of Occupation and Vocational Hygiene, 615. SVENSEN. A Handbook on Piping. ..."
4. Plumbers' Handbook by Samuel Edward Dibble (1922)
"If the gas is found turned off for other cause or for some reason not known to the gas fitter, then he should secure permission from the gas company before ..."
5. A Treatise on Gas-works and the Practice of Manufacturing and Distributing by Samuel Hughes (1853)
"The business of the gas-fitter—one of considerable skill and nicety—has been in fact created since the general introduction of gas-lighting. ..."
6. The Boston Almanac and Business Directory for the Year ...Almanacs, American (1892)
"... PLUMBER AND gas fitter, First class Plumbing and Gas Fitting of every description in city or country, at lowest prices. BRASS PIPE FITTED IN A SUPERIOR ..."