Definition of Gas furnace
1. Noun. A furnace that burns gas.
Gas Furnace Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Gas Furnace Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Gas Furnace
Literary usage of Gas furnace
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Pharmaceutical Journal by Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain (1851)
"GAS-FURNACE FOR PERFORMING COMBUSTIONS IN ORGANIC ANALYSIS. ... THIS gas-furnace is intended for heating the combustion-tubes used in organic analysis, ..."
2. Appletons' Annual Cyclopædia and Register of Important Events of the Year (1872)
"The crucibles are closed with covers and put into the melting-furnaces, of which there ore two, an 8-pot ordinary furnace and a 2-l-pot Siemens gas-furnace, ..."
3. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1920)
"The regenerative gas furnace, which is used exclusively in the United States, ... Unlike the coke furnace, the gas furnace is run continuously, ..."
4. Transactions of the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical and (1914)
"... design would do away with much of the trouble and expense attending the present type of producer-gas furnace, and greatly decrease the operating-cost. ..."