Definition of Gastrointestinal disorder
1. Noun. Illness caused by poisonous or contaminated food.
Generic synonyms: Illness, Malady, Sickness, Unwellness
Specialized synonyms: Botulism, Mushroom Poisoning, Ptomaine, Ptomaine Poisoning, Salmonellosis
Gastrointestinal Disorder Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Gastrointestinal Disorder Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Gastrointestinal Disorder
Literary usage of Gastrointestinal disorder
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Progressive Medicine by Hobart Amory Hare (1905)
"... or with very indefinite symptoms of gastrointestinal disorder, and, besides, shows occult bleeding in the stool quite regularly and frequently. ..."
2. The American Journal of Obstetrics and Diseases of Women and Children (1903)
"In other words, I believe that they indicate the existence of a toxic state that may or may not be the result of gastrointestinal disorder; and it is from ..."
3. A Practical Treatise on Disorders of the Sexual Function in the Male and Female by Max Hühner (1916)
"... his gastrointestinal symptoms to withdrawal until I had had him examined by an internist for possible carcinoma or other gastrointestinal disorder. ..."
4. Annals of Ophthalmology (1916)
"GSD Ocular Phenomena Accompanying Three Cases of gastrointestinal disorder. WOODS, HIRAM (Ophthalmic Record, November, 1915). Case 1. ..."
5. Nervous and Mental Disease Monograph Series (1907)
"... the menopause, rheumatism, cold and wet, anemia, arteriosclerosis, hysteria, tobacco, gastrointestinal disorder, gout, Bright's disease, and diabetes. ..."
6. Therapeutic Gazette (1917)
"... intravenous glucose injections in such cases is that apparently the vicious circle produced by gastrointestinal disorder has become so extreme that the ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Gastrointestinal disorder