Definition of General lien
1. Noun. A lien on all the property owned by a debtor and not just a specific property.
General Lien Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: General Lien Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of General Lien
Literary usage of General lien
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Commentaries on American Law by James Kent (1873)
"A general lien for a balance of accounts is person in possession at the time the building was erected. O'Conner v. Warner, 4 Watts & S. 223. ..."
2. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1888)
"Undoubtedly while "a general lien for a balance of accounts is founded on ... *636). yet a general lien does arise in favor of a bank or banker out of con- ..."
3. A Treatise on the Law of Agency: Including Not Only a Discussion of the by Floyd Russell Mechem (1914)
"A general lien is a right to retain the property of another to cover and secure a general balance due from the owner to the person who has possession.70 A ..."
4. A Treatise Upon Some of the General Principles of the Law: Whether of a by William Wait (1877)
"A general lien is one which covers the indebtedness of the principal to the ... A general lien is not allowed for any items of account or debts except such ..."
5. A Treatise on the Law of Personal Property by James Schouler (1918)
"general lien of Attorneys and Factors. The kinds of general lien with which we are most ... Lewis, 3 Atk. 727. as well as confer a general lien. Story 8. ..."
6. Handbook of the Law of Principal and Agent by Francis Buchanan Tiffany (1903)
"In addition to his particular lien, an agent may have a general lien upon the ... A general lien, unless conferred by statute, arises only by express or ..."
7. Bouvier's Law Dictionary and Concise Encyclopedia by John Bouvier, Francis Rawle (1914)
"A general lien is a right to retain the property of another on account of a ... Of course, where a general lien exists, a particular lien is included. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: General lien