Definition of Genus Araucaria
1. Noun. A genus of the araucaria family.
Group relationships: Araucaria Family, Araucariaceae, Family Araucariaceae
Member holonyms: Araucaria
Genus Araucaria Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Araucaria Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Araucaria
Literary usage of Genus Araucaria
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The New International Encyclopædia edited by Daniel Coit Gilman, Harry Thurston Peck, Frank Moore Colby (1902)
"The type genus Araucaria appears first in rocks of Lower Jurassic Age ; it reached a considerable degree of expansion in Cretaceous time all over northern ..."
2. Report of the Annual Meeting (1904)
"Sir William Thiselton-Dyer pointed out, in a lecture on plant-distribution, delivered in 1878, that the genus Araucaria appears to have been extinct in a ..."
3. Geology and Mineralogy Considered with Reference to Natural Theology by William Buckland (1841)
"A fossil cone referable to Conifera, and possibly to the genus Araucaria, from the Lias of Lyme Regis, is represented at Plate 89 of the same work. ..."
4. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1896)
"The genus Araucaria contains ten species, all South American and Australasian. Fitzroya Patagónica occurs in Chile and F. Archen in Tasmania. ..."
5. Reports Dealing with the Systematic Geology and Paleontology of Maryland by Maryland Geological Survey (1911)
"... previous to his time to the genus Araucaria to which many of them are undoubtedly related. Subsequent workers have used the genus ..."