Definition of Genus Artemia
1. Noun. Fairy shrimp; brine shrimp.
Generic synonyms: Arthropod Genus
Group relationships: Anostraca, Order Anostraca
Member holonyms: Fairy Shrimp, Artemia Salina, Brine Shrimp
Genus Artemia Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Artemia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Artemia
Literary usage of Genus Artemia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Annual Record of Science and Industry for 1871-78 by Spencer Fullerton Baird (1877)
"In further illustration of this subject, the author gives reasons for believing that the entire genus Artemia is only a degraded form of ..."
2. The Annals and Magazine of Natural History by Taylor and Francis, William Jardine (1854)
"... it is destitute of caudal fins, resembling in this structure the genus Artemia—but the number of feet is nineteen pairs, and the male inferior ..."
3. The Castle Howell School Record, Comprising a List of Pupils from the by David Davis, Henry Whitman (1888)
"One of the most striking cases ever recorded of structural modification is that of the genus Artemia, and here again the evidence as to the intermediate or ..."
4. The Entomologist's Text Book: An Introduction to the Natural History by John Obadiah Westwood (1838)
"The genus Artemia (Leach) comprises the Cancer salinus of Racket (Linn. Trans, v. ii.) or the brine shrimp. JV Brine Shrimp, In various stages of growth. ..."
5. Progress of Science in the Century by John Arthur Thomson (1903)
"... made in biological literature to the observations and experiments of Schmanke- witsch in 1875 on certain brine-shrimps belonging to the genus Artemia. ..."
6. The Natural History of the British Entomostraca by William Baird (1850)
"Sc. Nat.,' 1819, following up the arrangement, founded the genus Artemia to receive it, in which it has remained ever since. More recently the Artemia ..."