Definition of Genus Lampropeltis
1. Noun. King snakes and milk snakes.
Generic synonyms: Reptile Genus
Group relationships: Colubridae, Family Colubridae
Member holonyms: King Snake, Kingsnake
Genus Lampropeltis Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Lampropeltis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Lampropeltis
Literary usage of Genus Lampropeltis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Geology of New Jersey by New Jersey Geological Survey, George Hammell Cook (1868)
"Genus LAMPROPELTIS. Lampropeltis getula. King Snake. This large serpent is found only in the southern counties. ..."
2. Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences by California Academy of Sciences (1920)
"... genus Lampropeltis were borrowed for study by Dr. Blanchard, and the lizards of the genus Gerrhonotus were studied by Mr. Ivan Johnston. ..."
3. A New Genus and Species of Grasshopper from California by Morgan Hebard (1920)
"The snakes of the genus Lampropeltis were borrowed for study by Dr. Blanchard, and the lizards of the genus Gerrhonotus were studied by Mr. Ivan Johnston. ..."
4. The Reptiles of Western North America: An Account of the Species Known to by John Van Denburgh (1922)
"767. dorsal band purplish brown like the scales all with light centers; faces chiefly black. L. cata linen sis.—p. 769. snakes, of the genus Lampropeltis, ..."