Definition of Genus Loranthus
1. Noun. Type genus of the Loranthaceae: 1 species.
Generic synonyms: Dilleniid Dicot Genus
Group relationships: Family Loranthaceae, Loranthaceae, Mistletoe Family
Member holonyms: Loranthus Europaeus, Mistletoe
Genus Loranthus Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Loranthus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Loranthus
Literary usage of Genus Loranthus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Systematic Anatomy of the Dicotyledons: A Handbook for Laboratories of Pure by Hans Solereder, Dukinfield Henry Scott (1908)
"... Miq. and Nuytsia floribunda, R. Br. The breadth of the medullary rays varies even within the genus Loranthus, L. europaeus having very broad rays, ..."
2. Observations of a Naturalist in the Pacific Between 1896 and 1899 by Henry Brougham Guppy (1906)
"The genus LORANTHUS as distributed in the South Pacific has already been briefly noticed. There is a species confined to the Tahitian region, ..."
3. Arboretum Et Fruticetum Britannicum: Or, The Trees and Shrubs of Britain by John Claudius Loudon (1838)
"Royle remarks that the genus Loranthus " is found in considerable numbers on trees, in every part of the plains of India ; not less than 90 being found in ..."
4. Medicinal Plants: Being Descriptions with Original Figures of the Principal ...by Robert Bentley, Henry Trimen by Robert Bentley, Henry Trimen (1880)
"... its production is especially stimulated by the growth of a species of the parasitic genus Loranthus, which he has described as Loranthus senegalensis. ..."