Definition of Genus Rhinoptera
1. Noun. A genus of Myliobatidae.
Generic synonyms: Fish Genus
Group relationships: Family Myliobatidae, Myliobatidae
Member holonyms: Cow-nosed Ray, Cownose Ray, Rhinoptera Bonasus
Genus Rhinoptera Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Rhinoptera Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Rhinoptera
Literary usage of Genus Rhinoptera
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Geologists' Association by Geologists' Association (1900)
"The English Eocene teeth may have belonged to a similar fish, buc no distinctive features can be observed in the dentition. GENUS Rhinoptera or ..."
2. Library of Natural History by Richard Lydekker (1901)
"In a third genus (Rhinoptera), of which there are seven living and several Tertiary species, the so-called fins on the muzzle are likewise double, ..."
3. Reports of the North Carolina Geological and Economic Survey (1907)
"Genus RHINOPTERA Kuhl. Cow-nosed Rays. Body brc%der than long, but not so broad as in other genera; cephalic fin emarginate and below level of pectorals, ..."
4. The Fishes of North Carolina by Hugh McCormick Smith (1907)
"Genus RHINOPTERA Kuhl. Cow-nosed Rays. Body broader than long, but not so broad as in other genera; cephalic fin emarginate and below level of pectorals, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Genus Rhinoptera