Definition of Genus Tadorna
1. Noun. Sheldrakes.
Generic synonyms: Bird Genus
Group relationships: Anatidae, Family Anatidae
Member holonyms: Sheldrake
Genus Tadorna Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Tadorna Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Tadorna
Literary usage of Genus Tadorna
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Hand-book to the Birds of Great Britain by Richard Bowdler Sharpe (1896)
"genus Tadorna. Tadorna, Fleming, Phil. Zool. ii. p. 260 (1822). ... These are the characters of the genus Tadorna, according to Count Salvadori, ..."
2. Cyclopædia of India and of Eastern and Southern Asia, Commercial, Industrial by Edward Balfour (1871)
"... male, Ch-ukin, female, H. Inhabits Asia generally ; N. Africa : rare \\ Europe : common in India. Genus TADORNA, Leach. ..."
3. A History of British Birds by William Yarrell, Alfred Newton, Howard Saunders (1884)
"... Author has adopted the genus Tadorna, instituted by Fleming, for the reception of the Sheld-Ducks, a well- marked Old World group consisting of seven ..."
4. An introduction to the Birds of Australia by John Gould (1848)
"VII. PI . 7. A beautiful representative of the C. rutila of Europe. Genus TADORNA. 546. Tadorna Radjah Vol. VII. PI . 8. An equally beautiful representative ..."
5. A History of the Rarer British Birds by Thomas Campbell Eyton (1836)
"... and the genus Tadorna, Leach. The Geese, (genus Anser,) and the Swans, (genus Cygnus,) are now the only genera among our British Ducks that remain. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Genus Tadorna