Definition of Genus adlumia
1. Noun. One species: climbing fumitory.
Generic synonyms: Dilleniid Dicot Genus
Group relationships: Family Fumariaceae, Fumariaceae, Fumitory Family
Genus Adlumia Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Adlumia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Adlumia
Literary usage of Genus adlumia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Cyclopedia of American Horticulture: Comprising Suggestions for Cultivation by Liberty Hyde Bailey, Wilhelm Miller (1900)
"... commemorated his name in the pretty genus Adlumia ; but otherwise he has remained practically unknown until very recently. For further information ..."
2. The Horticulturist, and Journal of Rural Art and Rural TasteGard (1855)
"To THE EDITOR:—I notice that in the August number of the Horticulturist, you have adopted Don's derivation of the genus adlumia from ad lumino, ..."
3. The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture: A Discussion for the Amateur, and by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1915)
"... commemorated his name in the pretty genus Adlumia; but otherwise he has remained practically unknown until very recently. For further information ..."
4. The Canadian Naturalist and Geologist by Natural History Society of Montreal (1858)
"The single species of the genus Adlumia I have never had the pleasure of collecting, although it be native of Canada. ..."