Definition of Genus aleyrodes
1. Noun. Type genus of the Aleyrodidae.
Generic synonyms: Arthropod Genus
Group relationships: Aleyrodidae, Family Aleyrodidae
Member holonyms: Citrus Whitefly, Dialeurodes Citri
Genus Aleyrodes Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Aleyrodes Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Aleyrodes
Literary usage of Genus aleyrodes
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Entomologist's Monthly Magazine by Nathaniel Lloyd and Company (1892)
"... as well as from the remarkable anal forceps of the male, this insect might with great propriety be separated from the genus Aleyrodes. ..."
2. Biennial Report by California Dept. of Agriculture, California State Commission of Horticulture (1890)
"The insects of the genus Aleyrodes were for a long time classed with the Coccidae. In their immature state they are scale-like in form, and often resemble ..."
3. An Introduction to Entomology by John Henry Comstock, Anna Botsford Comstock (1888)
"The insects of the genus Aleyrodes were for a long time classed with the Coccidae. In their immature state they are scale-like in form (Fig. ..."
4. Introduction to Entomology by James Duncan, Sir William Jardine (1860)
"In the genus Aleyrodes there appear to be a pair on each side. Stemmata exist in most of the genera, but in some no trace of them can be observed. ..."