Definition of Genus anacardium
1. Noun. Type genus of the Anacardiaceae: cashew.
Generic synonyms: Dicot Genus, Magnoliopsid Genus
Group relationships: Anacardiaceae, Family Anacardiaceae, Sumac Family
Member holonyms: Anacardium Occidentale, Cashew, Cashew Tree
Genus Anacardium Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Anacardium Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Anacardium
Literary usage of Genus anacardium
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society Held at Philadelphia for by American Philosophical Society (1914)
"The subfamily Mangiferae with about 80 species is entirely Malaysian except for a species of Gluta Linne in Madagascar and the genus Anacardium Linne which ..."
2. The Empire of Brazil at the Universal Exhibition of 1876 in Philadelphia by Brazil (1876)
"... in the genus Anacardium several species of cashew ; and in the genus Spondias, the umbu, and the cajas much esteemed for their refreshing qualities. ..."
3. Pamphlets on Forestry in the Philippine Islands (1903)
"is an ovoid capsule, 1 to 1.5 centimeters long, and covered with soft, spine-like processes. Family ANACARDIACEAE Genus ANACARDIUM ANACARDIUM OCCIDENTALE L. ..."
4. Professional Paper by Geological Survey (U.S.) (1916)
"The subfamily Mangifera?, which includes about 80 species, in entirely Malaysian except for a species of Gluta Linné in Madagascar and the genus Anacardium ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Genus anacardium