Definition of Genus auriparus
1. Noun. A genus of Paridae.
Generic synonyms: Bird Genus
Group relationships: Family Paridae, Paridae
Member holonyms: Auriparus Flaviceps, Verdin
Genus Auriparus Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Auriparus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Auriparus
Literary usage of Genus auriparus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Key to North American Birds: Containing a Concise Account of Every Species by Elliott Coues (1872)
"Genus AURIPARUS Baird. Yellow-headed Titmouse. Ashy ; paler below ; head all yellow (this color wanting in the young) • bend of wing chestnut; ..."
2. The Code of Nomenclature and Check-list of North American Birds Adopted by by American Ornithologists' Union (1886)
"... north to the Rio Grande Valley ; East Humboldt Mountains, Nevada (?). genus auriparus BAIRD. Auriparus BAIRD, Rev. Am. BI July, 1864, 85. ..."
3. The Auk: Quarterly Journal of Ornithology by American Ornithologists' Union, Nuttall Ornithological Club (1876)
"CRITICAL NOTES ON THE genus auriparus. BY HARRY C. OBERHOLSER. PROFESSOR BAIRD, with his usual astuteness, was apparently the first to notice the ..."
4. Handbook of Birds of the Western United States: Including the Great Plains by Florence Merriam Bailey (1921)
"Mountains of western Texas, between the Pecos and Rio Grande rivers; south Fig. 587. to northern Mexico. genus auriparus. 746. Auriparus flaviceps (Sund.). ..."
5. Western Birds by Harriet Williams Myers (1922)
"To me they are all just dear little Bush-tits, and I care not what their scientific name may be. genus auriparus: VERDIN. ..."