Definition of Genus brasenia
1. Noun. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
Generic synonyms: Magnoliid Dicot Genus
Group relationships: Cabombaceae, Subfamily Cabombaceae, Water-shield Family
Member holonyms: Brasenia Schreberi, Water-shield, Water-target
Genus Brasenia Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Brasenia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Brasenia
Literary usage of Genus brasenia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Transactions of the Canadian Institute by Canadian Institute (1849-1914). (1899)
"The genus Brasenia is probably one of the most primitive of the order. In the internodes of the rhizome of the mature plant of Brasenia purpurea, ..."
2. Scientific Papers of Asa Gray by Asa Gray (1889)
"Succeeding authors in plucking these borrowed plumes have despoiled him of some rightful feathers; as in the case of the genus Brasenia, for which most ..."
3. Report by British Association for the Advancement of Science (1888)
"... a little higher than the river level, excellent fossils of plants allied to the genus Brasenia were found. 8. The Disaster at Zug on July 5, 1887. ..."
4. Annual Report of the State Mineralogist for the Year Ending by California State Mining Bureau (1890)
"... of the leaves i evidently some species of aquatic plant with floating leaves, resem- .:'ig in shape somewhat that of the genus Brasenia, as LF Ward ..."