Definition of Genus diervilla
1. Noun. Small genus of low deciduous shrubs: bush honeysuckles.
Generic synonyms: Asterid Dicot Genus
Group relationships: Caprifoliaceae, Family Caprifoliaceae, Honeysuckle Family
Member holonyms: Bush Honeysuckle, Diervilla Lonicera, Bush Honeysuckle, Diervilla Sessilifolia
Genus Diervilla Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Diervilla Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Diervilla
Literary usage of Genus diervilla
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Shrubs of Northeastern America by Charles Stedman Newhall (1893)
"Genus Lonicera (Fly-Honeysuckles). genus diervilla (Bush Honeysuckle). Genus Cephalanthus (Button-bush). Genus Baccharis (Groundsel Tree). ..."
2. The Horticulturist, and Journal of Rural Art and Rural Taste (1855)
"... previously established American genus, Diervilla, referred it thither; and in 1830, published it in the 4th volume of his ..."
3. Henderson's Handbook of Plants and General Horticulture by Peter Henderson (1904)
"... are sometimes placed botanically under the genus Diervilla, which also includes other species, our native D. ..."
4. Heredity and Evolution in Plants by Charles Stuart Gager (1920)
"... from central and northern Asia and Japan and the cinnamon fern (Osmunda cinnamomea) only from eastern North America and Japan, The genus Diervilla, ..."
5. The English Flower Garden and Home Grounds: Design and Arrangement Shown by by William Robinson (1901)
"... arc now classed botani- cally in the genus Diervilla, which also includes other species, such as D. sessili- flora and D. ..."
6. The English Flower Garden and Home Grounds: Design and Arrangement Shown by by William Robinson (1907)
"... are now classed botani- cally in the genus Diervilla, which also includes other species, such as D. sessi/!- flora and D. trifida from N. America. ..."