Definition of Genus fragaria
1. Noun. Strawberries.
Generic synonyms: Rosid Dicot Genus
Group relationships: Family Rosaceae, Rosaceae, Rose Family
Member holonyms: Strawberry, Cultivated Strawberry, Fragaria Ananassa, Garden Strawberry, Fragaria Vesca, Wild Strawberry, Wood Strawberry, Beach Strawberry, Chilean Strawberry, Fragaria Chiloensis, Fragaria Virginiana, Scarlet Strawberry, Virginia Strawberry
Genus Fragaria Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Fragaria Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Fragaria
Literary usage of Genus fragaria
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bulletin by Vermont Agricultural Experiment Station (1920)
"The genus Fragaria was used for this purpose at this Station more ... FRAGARIA A VARIABLE GENUS The genus Fragaria is a most flexible and unstable group of ..."
2. An Arrangement of British Plants: According to the Latest Improvements of by William Withering (1830)
"... as locomotive or migratory, of which the genus Fragaria affords examples ; as do the palmate, the testicular, ..."
3. The English Cyclopaedia by Charles Knight (1867)
"The genus Fragaria is known in its family by possessing a calyx with a concave tube, the limb of which is 10-parted, and the outer 5 segments accessory ..."
4. The Horticulturist, and Journal of Rural Art and Rural Taste by Luther Tucker (1862)
"... he supposed that all the species of the genus Fragaria were of the same character, and ho consequently placed them under the class and order, ..."
5. Pennsylvania Trees by Joseph Simon Illick, Pennsylvania Dept. of Forestry (1914)
"... the State along rocky banks of streams. It is the only representative of its genus in Pennsylvania. The Strawberries belonging to the genus Fragaria ..."