Definition of Genus passiflora
1. Noun. Type genus of the Passifloraceae.
Generic synonyms: Dilleniid Dicot Genus
Group relationships: Family Passifloraceae, Passifloraceae, Passionflower Family
Member holonyms: Passionflower, Passionflower Vine
Genus Passiflora Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Genus Passiflora Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Genus Passiflora
Literary usage of Genus passiflora
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Annals of the Lyceum of Natural History of New York by New York Academy of Sciences (1824)
"RESEARCHES and EXPERIMENTS on some Species of the genus PASSIFLORA. ... respecting the medical properties of the plants composing the genus Passiflora, ..."
2. Ladies' Flower-garden of Ornamental Greenouse Plants / by by Loundon (Jane) (1848)
"... order are generally very ornamental, but most of them require a stove in this country, and only a few of the species belonging to the genus Passiflora, ..."
3. The Butterfly Book: A Popular Guide to a Knowledge of the Butterflies of by William Jacob Holland (1898)
"... by the form of the wings and by the open cell of the secondaries. The larva feeds upon the different species of the genus Passiflora. ..."
4. The Butterfly Book: A Popular Guide to a Knowledge of the Butterflies of by William Jacob Holland (1902)
"... the genus Argynnis by the form of the wings and by the open cell of the secondaries. The larva feeds upon the different species of the genus Passiflora, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Genus passiflora