2. Noun. (British pejorative slang ethnic slur rare) An Egyptian. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Gippo
1. a gypsy (offensive slang) [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Gippo Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Gippo
gippo (current term)
Literary usage of Gippo
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Commentaries on the Law of Private Corporations by Seymour Dwight Thompson (1895)
"Powell (a justice), being not satisfied in the first point, it finished without resolution, by discovering that gippo in the latter end of the return was ..."
2. Reports of Cases Argued and Adjudged in the Courts of King's Bench and by George Wilson, Great Britain Court of King's Bench, Great Britain Court of Common Pleas (1792)
"... juf- tice : but upon looking into the record it appeared, that gippo in the return was writ .with a daih, and gippo in the writ was without a daih, ..."
3. Reports of Cases Adjudged in the Court of King's Bench: With Some Special by William Salkeld, Great Britain Court of King's Bench (1795)
"-pilla de gippo, to redore Serjeant ... -villa de gippo, fife. This cafe pended long, and was often argued upon ..."
4. Gipsy Smith: His Life and Work by Gipsy Smith (1902)
"She was just learning to speak, and called me "gippo." She spoke of sugar as " lulu." She would tap the sideboard door with her little hands and say, ..."