¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Gonadectomy
1. [n -MIES]
Medical Definition of Gonadectomy
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Gonadectomy Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Gonadectomy
Literary usage of Gonadectomy
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Journal of Comparative Pathology and Therapeutics (1888)
"OBSERVATIONS ON THE EFFECTS OF gonadectomy AND SUBSEQUENT INJECTION OF TESTOSTERONE ON THE ADRENALS OF MALE SHEEP By WM STOKOE Department of Veterinary ..."
2. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1917)
"Into the details of the work it is not possible to enter here—details that involve the effect of incomplete gonadectomy, the possible influence of other ..."
3. Stress, Gender, and Alcohol-Seeking Behavior edited by Walter A. Hunt, Sam Zakhari (1996)
"... phenotypical variability (Robinson found that gonadectomy in male rats 1988; Badiani et al. 1992; Cabib abolishes sex differences in ampheta- 1993). ..."
4. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease by American Neurological Association, Philadelphia Neurological Society, Chicago Neurological Society, New York Neurological Association, Boston Society of Psychiatry and Neurology (1915)
"Bringing these results together it appears that while inbreeding and gonadectomy do not modify brain growth relatively or absolutely—a deficient wholesome ..."
5. The American Year Book: A Record of Events and Progress by Francis Graham Wickware, (, Albert Bushnell Hart, (, Simon Newton Dexter North (1916)
"Bilateral gonadectomy (complete castration or complete Budington and Harvey (Biol. Bull., xxviii, 5) studied the comparative physiology of the thyroid body ..."
6. Year Book by Carnegie Institution of Washington (1921)
"Mr. Strong is also studying the effects of gonadectomy and splenectomy on growth of implants of these tumors and will continue the work during the ensuing ..."