Definition of Government building
1. Noun. A building that houses a branch of government.
Specialized synonyms: Capitol, Capitol Building, Pentagon, White House
Specialized synonyms: Capitol, Chancellery, Courthouse, Customhouse, Customshouse, Diplomatic Building, Statehouse, Town Hall
Government Building Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Government Building Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Government Building
Literary usage of Government building
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Sunset by Southern Pacific Company. Passenger Dept, Southern Pacific Company (1912)
"The US government building has been a favorite mecca for sightseers at each of our principal expositions in the past and there is no reason to suppose that ..."
2. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1905)
"On the trial, evidence was offered to prove that at the time of making the contract it was stipulated that the government building was to be awarded to the ..."
3. Centennial Exposition Described and Illustrated: Being a Concise and Graphic by J. S. Ingram (1876)
"... in the government building was Lieutenant Henry Metcalf, of the United States Ordnance Corps, whose office was at the right of the main entrance. ..."
4. The Design of Steel Mill Buildings and the Calculation of Stresses in Framed by Milo Smith Ketchum (1921)
"government building, St. Louis Exposition.—The government building at the St. Louis Exposition had a steel framework with steel arch trusses of the ..."
5. The Design of Steel Mill Buildings and the Calculation of Stresses in Framed by Milo Smith Ketchum (1912)
"government building, ST. Louis EXPOSITION.* The government building at the St. Louis Exposition had a steel framework with steel arch trusses of the ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Government building