¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Grandpapa
1. [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Grandpapa Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Grandpapa
Literary usage of Grandpapa
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Punch by Mark Lemon, Henry Mayhew, Tom Taylor, Shirley Brooks, Francis Cowley Burnand, Owen Seaman (1898)
"Do you remember when you sighed About this same lost grandpapa? I pictured him a Pirate King, " We never mention grandpapa ! " And all reply to me denied ..."
2. Poetry for Children by Samuel Eliot (1879)
"Kiss it tenderly," says mamma ; " Let every one honor grandpapa. ... You children, all of you," says mamma, " Have need to look up to dear grandpapa. ..."
3. The Book of Humorous Verse by Carolyn Wells (1920)
"POOR DEAR grandpapa Unknown. WHAT is the matter with grandpapa? What can the matter be? He's broken his leg in trying to spell Tommy without a T. D'Arcy W. ..."
4. Edward Bowen: A Memoir. by William Edward Bowen (1902)
"Then, then, grandpapa's grandpapa Went revelling away, in and out, ... In buttons and in blue frocks drest, Why be sure, grandpapa's grandpapa Was the ..."
5. My Own Philosophy: And Other Poems and Dramas by Werner Eggerth (1909)
"grandpapa grandpapa, my grandpapa, I'm still a little man, but ah, I'm growing, yes, ... grandpapa, my grandpapa, When I am strong, with ax and saw, ..."
6. The Correct Guide to Letter Writing by Member of the aristocracy (1889)
"DEAR grandpapa, I hope you are quite well. I wish you many happy returns of your ... I am, dear grandpapa, Your affectionate grandson, ERNEST HARVEY. ..."